L4 Foot Health Practitioner Diploma Course
L4 Foot Health Practitioner Diploma Course
Enrol Today to the most up to date Foot Health Practitioner Course in the UK!
INCLUDES FUNGAL NAIL TESTING the Latest Nail Fenestration Drilling Technique, vasuclar and neuropathy testing.
Train to become a Foot Health Practitioner with Next Generation Training. We are confident that you will not find a better course practically or that is better value for money.
We are an approved training provider of the Professional Association for Foot Health Practitioners (PAFHP) and a registered training school of the Complimentary Medical Association (CMA).
You will get to train over a seven day period in a modern and relaxed training environment and throughout this course you will be gradually guided with your skills and build up of experience.
You will get plenty of practice working on course colleagues before then treating members of the public where you will gain plenty of experience in treating a wide variety of foot conditions.
Recent estimates indicate there were 285 million people in the world with diabetes in the year 2009 and this is projected to increase to 438 million by 2030 (Shaw, Sicree and Zimmet, 2010). Currently 18% of the UK population is aged 65 plus, with figures expected to rise to 24.8% by 2050. This means the demand for Foot Health professionals will continue to rise!
About Foot Health Care
There is no greater satisfaction than to care for others, and our Foot Health Care Course gives you the opportunity to do just that in your own practice. The human foot is one of the most complex and neglected of body parts. Every step we take places two and a half times our body weight on the 26 bones that make up each foot, and it has been estimated that we walk 3 times around the planet in a lifetime. However, the foot is highly sensitive and like any machine part suffers wear or damage when injured or stressed beyond its capability.
Here’s where you come in. Though there may be little wrong with their feet, circumstances may prevent people looking after them; Arthritis, painful hip joints or stiff knees may put their feet out of reach or prevent use of scissors or nippers. However, others do have problems with their feet, from corns, calluses, verrucas, flat-foot and bunions to nail conditions and structural defects, many of which can be treated without surgery or medical intervention. Some just enjoy being pampered or are concerned to maintain their bodies in optimum condition.
All of these people need the help of a Foot Health Practitioner, a professional trained to deliver care and advice either in a private surgery or in the home.
Our Course not only gives you a complete grounding in foot anatomy, care and diagnosis but provides the information and support you need to establish a successful practice. Completion of the course enables you to be registered as a qualified Foot Health Practitioner via the Professional Association of Foot Health Practitioners (PAFHP) register. This qualification is provided by the PAFHP and is also accredited by the Complimentary Medical Association (CMA) of who we are a registered training provider/college.
The qualification title is ‘Foot Health Practitioner Diploma’ is graded by the PAFHP and CMA at L4 standard.
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are estimated to be 125 hours. All the theory aspect of the course is completed via home study which has to be completed within 12 months of enrolment but does not have to be completed prior to attending a practical course.
Coursework and Assessment
Coursework consists of 14 manual modules covering anatomy and physiology, diabetes and clinical waste amongst many other things foot related.
There are two workbooks of questions to complete which can be answered with assistance from your training manual. You have 12 months from enrolment in which to complete your course.
During your 7 day practical training days, you will be assessed on 4 in clinic treatments on a member of the public and your practical training days prior are to get you prepared for this along with a free run before official assessment commences. It is very rare that students fail to show competency, but should a student be referred on this aspect of the course an additional training day after your course days are available on a 1-2-1 basis with your tutor.
What You Will Receive
Learners will receive the following for the course:
- Hard copy learning manual
- Course workbooks
- Post course support
- Tutor support throughout your course journey
- 5 days of practical training in a clinical environment by a qualified FHP and experienced tutor
- Free online registration and registration certification with the Professional Association for Foot Health Practitioners
- Option to join the Complimentary Medical Association
- Availability of insurance via Towergate.
- 10% discount with Canonbury Product Supplies Ltd, and TAFS Products.
Practical training consists of 7 days and you will firstly learn on a medical foot model before a real life client, where you can practise the below. In class you will get to treat course colleagues before treating in clinic patients with various foot conditions and there is a maximum of 4 students per course, therefore ensuring students get plenty of tutor attention and time.
You will practically learn
- Nail cutting and filing
- Nail reduction with a drill and various drill burs
- Corn and callus removal with scalpel’s, drill burs and files
- Fungal nail testing
- Nail Fenestration - The modern way for treating fungal nail
- Vascular and neuropathy testing
- How to use and apply paddings and dressings
- How to make custom paddings and protectors with the latest technology of silicone moulding putty
- How to use scalpels, corn gougers and drills including the latest top grip cylinder bur
- Learn the various ways to remove callus with different instruments and equipment including the latest autoclavable diamond sanding caps
- How to correctly cut nails
- How to massage the feet
- Give a foot health consultation and give patient aftercare advice
- Tips on setting up your foot health business
- The different types of instruments and their practical uses, pro's and con's.
- How to correctly prepare instruments for sterilization.
You will learn how to diagnose and treat various conditions of the foot such as:
- Callus and cracked heels (fissures)
- Ingrowing nail
- Fungal nail infection
In class you will learn and be aware of other foot problems such as:
- Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Morton's Neuroma
- Hammer Toes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
After working on class colleagues over the weekend days you will then work on real clinical clients on the weekdays where you will be challenged by a variety of foot conditions.
Our training clinic is a 3 minute walk from Huddersfield train station which is ideally located for anyone travelling from Manchester / Leeds the north and the south!
Please note that all students attending their practical training days will need to gain their student insurance in order to practise practically. Students will be notified of where this can be obtained prior to attending the practical course days.
There are no entry requirements for this course, this course is open to anyone who is looking to start a career in foot health care.
Anyone wishing to enrol must be able to speak in fluent English, and all potential students of this course must also understand the importance of safety required as drills, scalpels and other instruments are used on the course, on course colleagues and the general public so self confidence and a mature and safe approach is required when working practically.
Upon qualification from this course some of our students have progressed onto Podiatry degree courses with Huddersfield and Salford Universities.
Podiatry Degree Progression
For a long time I have wanted to become a Podiatrist, but I wasn’t entirely sure it was for me. In August 2020 I decided to enrol with Next Generation Training for the Foot Health Practitioner (FHP) course. This course was a fantastic insight into the world of foot health. My practical training in October 2020 provided me with valuable skills such as how to treat overgrown nails, thickened nails, ingrowing nails, callus, fissures, corns and verrucae. I was lucky enough to treat all of the above on the patients in the clinic. After qualifying as a FHP and having had an increase in self belief, I decided to apply for the Podiatry course at Huddersfield University with a view to gaining employment within the NHS after graduating as my plan. The theory and skills that I have learnt through my FHP qualification has given me confidence and knowledge. Thanks to my knowledge gained, I answered all the interview questions with confidence and ease, and I’m delighted to be accepted for the Podiatry degree course which starts September 2021.
I started off as a receptionist in my mums Podiatry clinic, and this sparked my interest in the foot health industry.
I did not have the confidence in myself to commit to a three year University Podiatry course, so I looked for another ways in which I could train to be able to work with feet. This is when I found the Foot Health Practitioner (FHP) course and enrolled with Next Generation Training.
During the course I learnt so much and always felt at ease, it was a really fun, but a calm and professional working environment, which I felt helped me to excel to be my best. I feel as though the course allowed me to showcase the skills I already had, but with confidence. The confidence gained from completing my FHP qualification has helped significantly with my University Podiatry application. The process to apply with the University of Salford was smooth thanks to the FHP course as I was able to use my knowledge and experience to write a strong personal statement and perform confidently in interviews. Without having completed my FHP qualification, I may not have felt as comfortable applying, but the whole experience has proven to be a real asset to have.
I am really grateful for the training and experience gained from my FHP course as I would never have pushed myself to pursuing a University Podiatry degree if it had not been for the FHP course.
Course Price and Payment Options
Option 1: Pay in Full £1595 SAVE £100!
Option 2: 6 Monthly Instalments of £233.33 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £295 INTEREST FREE!
Option 3: 10 Monthly Instalments of £140 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £295 INTEREST FREE!
Option 4: Apply for Finance (see ‘Finance Available’ tab for further information).
Please note that no certificates are issued until the full course payment has been received. All learners have the option to settle any outstanding payment once the course is completed.
SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY!
You can apply ONLINE for finance via our credit broker partner Ideal4Finance (020 3617 4647). You can select the amount and length of payment terms as you wish. You may find finance useful for the following reasons;
- Help to pay for the course.
- Recieve certification upon completion without having to wait for monthly payments to be completed.
- Long payment terms; pay off your loan whilst you earn from your new skills and qualification.
- Use the finance facility for your course fee and also towards any instruments or equipment required to get you started.
‘Next Generation Training’ is an introducer appointed representative of Ideal Sales Solutions Ltd
T/A Ideal4Finance. Ideal Sales Solutions is a credit broker and not a lender (FRN 703401). Finance available subject to status.
The rate offered is always provisional and will depend upon your personal circumstances, the loan amount and term.
How To Enrol
1. Decide how you wish to pay. If you are paying in full, then click the relevant button at the bottom of this page to process the full payment.
2. If you wish to pay in monthly instalments you will need to click and process an initial payment of £295 and then click and process your bank details to authorise us to take direct debit payments from you. We will link you up to the relevant plan that you advise us of when sending us your completed enrolment form. You will receive emails regarding your direct debit plan.
3. If you are applying for finance via Ideal4Finance once you have received your loan you can follow steps 1. and 4. to complete your enrolment.
4. Once you have completed the payment option of your choice you will need to download and complete the enrolment form. Once completed (check all information is correct), please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send in the post to the address given at the back of the document. Please note that an official signature is required, printed or typed names will not be accepted.
5. Once payment has been processed and your enrolment form has been received we will get you started with your course and contact you via email. It is important that you check any junk/spam folders within your email should any of our emails not appear in your inbox.