L4 Foot Health Practitioner Diploma Course
L4 Foot Health Practitioner Diploma Course
Enrol Today to the most up to date Foot Health Practitioner Course in the UK!
Will any other Foot Health course teach you:
- How to test fungal nail?
- How to make custom made toe separators and protectors?
- How to assess the nerves and vascular vessels of the feet?
- How conduct nail fenestration for fungal nail?
- Enable you to use the most up-to-date instruments in the industry?
- Give you discounted instruments and consumables from their own supplies store?
- Give you a good and varied amount of patients to treat in clinic?
- Demonstrate the most up-to-date Onyfix nail correction system and get you 15% off the training course?
We will teach you, give you and show you all of the above!
Welcome to Next Generation Training Foot Health Care education. We are an approved independent training provider of the Professional Association for Foot Health Practitioners (PAFHP) and a registered training school of the Complimentary Medical Association (CMA).
Recent estimates indicate there were 285 million people in the world with diabetes in the year 2009 and this is projected to increase to 438 million by 2030 (Shaw, Sicree and Zimmet, 2010). Currently 18% of the UK population is aged 65 plus, with figures expected to rise to 24.8% by 2050. This means the demand for Foot Health professionals will continue to rise!
About Foot Health Care
There is no greater satisfaction than to care for others, and our Foot Health Care Course gives you the opportunity to do just that in your own practice. The human foot is one of the most complex and neglected of body parts. Every step we take places two and a half times our body weight on the 26 bones that make up each foot, and it has been estimated that we walk 3 times around the planet in a lifetime. However, the foot is highly sensitive and like any machine part suffers wear or damage when injured or stressed beyond its capability.
Here’s where you come in. Though there may be little wrong with their feet, circumstances may prevent people looking after them; Arthritis, painful hip joints or stiff knees may put their feet out of reach or prevent use of scissors or nippers. However, others do have problems with their feet, from corns, calluses, verrucas, flat-foot and bunions to nail conditions and structural defects, many of which can be treated without surgery or medical intervention. Some just enjoy being pampered or are concerned to maintain their bodies in optimum condition.
All of these people need the help of a Foot Health Practitioner, a professional trained to deliver care and advice either in a private surgery or in the home.
Our Course not only gives you a complete grounding in foot anatomy, care and diagnosis but provides the information and support you need to establish a successful practice. Completion of the course enables you to be registered as a qualified Foot Health Practitioner via the Professional Association of Foot Health Practitioners (PAFHP) register. This qualification is provided by the PAFHP and is also accredited by the Complimentary Medical Association (CMA) of who we are a registered training provider/college.
The qualification title is ‘Foot Health Practitioner Diploma’ is graded by the PAFHP and CMA at L4 standard.
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are estimated to be 125 hours. All the theory aspect of the course is completed via home study which has to be completed within 12 months of enrolment but does not have to be completed prior to attending a practical course.
Coursework and Assessment
Coursework consists of 14 manual modules covering anatomy and physiology, diabetes and clinical waste amongst many other things foot related.
There are two workbooks of questions to complete which can be answered (no essays!) with assistance from your training manual. You have 12 months from enrolment in which to complete your course.
During your 5 day practical training days, you will be assessed on 4 in clinic treatments on a member of the public and your practical training days prior are to get you prepared for this along with a free run before official assessment commences. It is very rare that students fail to show competency, but should a student be referred on this aspect of the course an additional training day after your course days are available on a 1-2-1 basis with your tutor.
What You Will Receive
Learners will receive the following for the course:
- An instruments starter kit worth £40
- Hard copy learning manual
- Course workbooks
- Post course support
- Tutor support throughout your course journey
- 5 days of practical training in a clinical environment by a qualified FHP and experienced tutor
- Free online registration and registration certification with the Professional Association for Foot Health Practitioners
- Option to join the Complimentary Medical Association
- Availability of insurance via Towergate
- Discounted instruments and consumables from our Next Generation Foot Health Supplies store.
- 15% Off OnlyFootcare Onyfix Nail Correction CPD training course
5 Days Practical Training
Practical training consists of 5 days and you will firstly learn on a medical foot model before a real life client, where you can practise the below. In class you will get to treat course colleagues before treating in clinic patients with various foot conditions and there is a maximum of 4 students per course, therefore ensuring students get plenty of tutor attention and time.
You will practically learn
- Nail cutting and filing
- Nail reduction with a drill and various drill burs
- Corn and callus removal with scalpel’s, drill burs and files
- Fungal nail testing
- Nail Fenestration - The modern way for treating fungal nail
- Vascular and neuropathy testing
- How to use and apply paddings and dressings
- How to make custom paddings and protectors with the latest technology of silicone moulding putty
- How to use scalpels, corn gougers and drills including the latest top grip cylinder bur
- Learn the various ways to remove callus with different instruments and equipment including the latest autoclavable diamond sanding caps
- How to correctly cut nails
- How to massage the feet
- Give a foot health consultation and give patient aftercare advice
- Business Skills for setting up your foot health business
- The different types of instruments and their practical uses, pro's and con's.
- How to correctly prepare instruments for sterilisation.
- Demonstration on Onyfix the latest nails correction system
You will learn how to diagnose and treat various conditions of the foot such as:
- Callus and cracked heels (fissures)
- Ingrowing nail
- Fungal nail infection
In class you will learn and be aware of other foot problems such as:
- Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Morton's Neuroma
- Hammer Toes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
After working on class colleagues over the weekend days you will then work on real clinical clients on the weekdays where you will be challenged by a variety of foot conditions.
Our training clinic is a 3 minute walk from Huddersfield train station which is ideally located for anyone travelling from Manchester / Leeds the north and the south!
Please note that all students attending their practical training days will need to gain their student insurance in order to practise practically. Students will be notified of where this can be obtained prior to attending the practical course days.
Price and Payment Options
Option 1: Pay In Full £1,395
INTEREST FREE MONTHLY PAYMENTS AVAILABLE!
Option 2: 6 Monthly of £183.33 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £295
Option 2: 10 Monthly Instalments of £110 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £295
Please note that no certificates are issued until the full course payment has been received. All learners have the option to settle any outstanding payment once their course is completed.
SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY!
How To Enrol
1. Decide how you wish to pay. If you are paying in full, then click the relevant button at the bottom of this page to process the full payment.
2. If you wish to pay in monthly instalments you will need to click and process an initial payment of £295 and then click and process your bank details to authorise us to take direct debit payments from you. We will link you up to the relevant plan that you advise us of when sending us your completed enrolment form. You will receive emails regarding your direct debit plan.
3. Once you have completed the payment option of your choice you will need to download and complete the enrolment form. Once completed (check all information is correct), please send this to email@example.com or send in the post to the address given at the back of the document. Please note that an official signature is required, printed or typed names will not be accepted.
4. Once payment has been processed and your enrolment form has been received we will get you started with your course and contact you via email. It is important that you check any junk/spam folders within your email should any of our emails not appear in your inbox.