Foot Health Practitioner Diploma Course
Foot Health Practitioner Diploma Course
Includes Med-Pedicure Course
Train to become a Foot Health Practitioner with Next Generation Training. We are confident that you will not find a better course practically or that is better value for money.
You will get to train in a modern and relaxed training environment and throughout this course you will be gradually guided with your skills and build up of experience.
You will get plenty of practice working on course colleagues before then treating members of the public where you will gain plenty of experience in treating a wide variety of foot conditions.
As of 2020 This course also includes how to make custom paddings and protectors with the latest silicone putty technology, nail bracing for ingrowing nails and the Med-Pedicure certificated course which will not only give you extra skills but an extra service to offer your customers. We have also invested £2,600 in Medical Foot Care models to increase learner practise prior to treating members of the public. Lastly, the theory content of this course has been updated and now contains a whole unit dedicated to diabetes which will give you indepth knowledge on the types, causes and effects that diabetes can have on the feet. Recent estimates indicate there were 285 million people in the world with diabetes in the year 2009 and this is projected to increase to 438 million by 2030 (Shaw, Sicree and Zimmet, 2010). This means the demand for Foot Health professionals will continue to rise!
About Foot Health Care
There is no greater satisfaction than to care for others, and our Foot Health Care Course gives you the opportunity to do just that in your own practice. The human foot is one of the most complex and neglected of body parts. Every step we take places two and a half times our body weight on the 26 bones that make up each foot, and it has been estimated that we walk 3 times around the planet in a lifetime. However, the foot is highly sensitive and like any machine part suffers wear or damage when injured or stressed beyond its capability.
Here’s where you come in. Though there may be little wrong with their feet, circumstances may prevent people looking after them; Arthritis, painful hip joints or stiff knees may put their feet out of reach or prevent use of scissors or nippers. However, others do have problems with their feet, from corns, calluses, verrucas, flat-foot and bunions to nail conditions and structural defects, many of which can be treated without surgery or medical intervention. Some just enjoy being pampered or are concerned to maintain their bodies in optimum condition.
All of these people need the help of a Foot Health Practitioner, a professional trained to deliver care and advice either in a private surgery or in the home.
Our Course not only gives you a complete grounding in foot anatomy, care and diagnosis but provides the information and support you need to establish a successful practice. Completion of the course gains you access to be a member of the Professional Association of Foot Health Practitioners therefore this qualification says that you are trained to a good working standard and insurance is available via BGI.uk.
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are estimated to be 170 hours. All the theory aspect of the course is completed via home study which has to be completed within 12 months of enrolment but does not have to be completed prior to attending a practical course.
Coursework and Assessment
Coursework consists of 13 manual modules covering anatomy and physiology, diabetes and clinical waste amongst many other things foot related.
There are two workbooks of questions to complete with your 12 months from enrolment which can be answered with assistance from your training manual.
During your practical training days, you will be assessed on 4 in clinic treatments on a member of the public and your practical training days prior are to get you prepared for this along with a free run before official assessment commences. It is very rare that students fail to show competency, but should a student be referred on this aspect of the course an additional training day after your course days are available on a 1-2-1 basis with your tutor.
After the 5 days practical training students are expected as part of their coursework to complete 4 client case studies. These will be treatment explanations and records conducted on family/friends.
What You Will Receive
Learners will receive the following for the course:
- Med-Pedicure CPD course
- Hard copy learning manual
- Course workbook.
- Tutor support throughout your course journey.
- 5 days of practical training in a clinical environment by a qualified FHP and experienced tutor.
- Access to FREE membership with the Professional Association for Foot Health Practitioners.
- Availability of insurance via BGI.uk.
- 10% discount for 12 months with Canonbury Product Supplies Ltd.
- 10% discount for life with TAFS Products Ltd.
You will firstly learn on a medical foot model before a real life client, where you can practise:
- Nail cutting and filing
- Nail thinning with a drill
- Corn and callus removal with a scalpel and drill.
You will learn how to diagnose and treat various conditions of the foot such as:
- Callus and cracked heels (fissuers)
- Ingrowing nail
- Fungal nail infection
You will also learn:
- How to use and apply paddings and dressings.
- How to make custom paddings and protectors with the latest technology of silicone moulding putty.
- Nail bracing for ingrowing nails.
- How to give a Med-Pedicure treatment including paraffin waxing.
- How to use scalpels, corn gougers and drills.
- Learn the various ways to remove callus with different instruments and equipment including the latest autoclavable diamond sanding caps.
- How to correctly cut nails.
- How to massage the feet.
- Give foot health advice to clients.
- Tips on setting up your foot health practise.
- The differnt types of instruments and their practical uses.
- How to correctly prepare instruments for sterilization.
- Learn about the importance of correct shoe sizes via a DB Shoes representative (when the sale representative is available to visit).
After working on class colleagues over the weekend days you will then work on real clinical clients on the weekdays where you will be challenged by a variety of foot conditions.
Our training clinic is a 3 minute walk from Huddersfield train station which is ideally located for anyone travelling from Manchester / Leeds the north and the south!
Please note that all students attending their practical training days will need to gain their student insurance in order to practise practically. Students will be notified of where this can be obtained prior to attending the practical course days.
Over the past 10 years or so there has been a huge trend for Foot Health professionals (Podiatrists, Chiropodists, Foot Health practitioners) to offer additional treatments in their clinics which some say are more at home in a beauty salon. However, there is no doubt that by offering your patients the treatments they want as well as the treatments they need, you will keep your patients coming back to you on more a regular basis. They will see your clinic as a place to go for all foot treatments and not just a place to go when they are in pain or have a problem. Patients who are not regulars are likely to visit more often if you are able to meet their personal needs. To look good, feel good and have pretty feet.
It’s not nice as a foot health professional (FHP) to know clients have gone elsewhere to spend money for foot treatments after you have spent so much money and time to gain a qualification. Why don’t foot professionals do the pedicure treatments
themselves? There’s not much missing from the skills of a foot professional, maybe it’s just the fact that some clinics are not set up looking as glamorous as a beauty salon? One thing clients can be guaranteed by seeing a foot professional is that you will take hygiene more seriously using autoclaves for instrument sterilisation, you know how to professionally cut nails and your foot knowledge will be greater.
The Med-Pedicure is using the medical aspect of being a FHP and incorporating a bit of beauty with the pedicure aspect. The FHP first provides the Med – the usual routine service, nail cutting and filing, callus removal and overall foot inspection, treatment and recommendation. The FHP them moves on to the Pedicure - the part of the treatment that concentrates on the overall aesthetic of how the feet look. This is the part of the treatment that provides the ‘feel good, look good’ factor that is often missing from routine foot health appointments. In the USA, it is common practise to employ a Medical Nail Technician (MNT) to provide these services. They have a specific training course for nail technicians who want to work in the medical field. The MNT works alongside the FHP to provide Medical Pedicure services rather like a Dental Hygienist works alongside a Dentist. It makes so much sense, but here in the UK many FHP’s are working alone that it’s not practical or feasible.
There are no entry requirements for this course. This course is open to anyone who is looking to start a career in foot health care. The Professional Association for Foot Health Practitioners have graded this course at L4 standard which meets their minimum requirements for entry into the industry as a foot health care professional due to using advanced techniques such as scalpelling and drilling.
Course Price and Payment Options
Option 1: Pay in Full £1,095
Option 2: 6 Monthly Interest Free Installments of £150 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £195
Option 3: Apply for Finance (see ‘Finance Available’ tab for further information).
Please note that no certificates are issued until full course payment has been received. All learners have the option to settle any outstanding payment once the course is completed.
SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY!
You can apply ONLINE for finance via our credit broker partner Ideal4Finance (020 3617 4647). You can select the amount and length of payment terms as you wish. You may find finance useful for the following reasons;
- Help to pay for the course.
- Recieve certification upon completion without having to wait for monthly payments to be completed.
- Long payment terms; pay off your loan whilst you earn from your new skills and qualification.
- Use the finance facility for your course fee and also towards any instruments or equipment required to get you started.
‘Next Generation Training’ is an introducer appointed representative of Ideal Sales Solutions Ltd
T/A Ideal4Finance. Ideal Sales Solutions is a credit broker and not a lender (FRN 703401). Finance available subject to status.
The rate offered is always provisional and will depend upon your personal circumstances, the loan amount and term.
How To Enrol
1. Decide how you wish to pay. If you are paying in full, then click the relevant button at the bottom of this page to process the full payment.
2. If you wish to pay in monthly installments you will need to click and process an initial payment of £195 and then click and process your bank details to authorise us to take direct debit payments from you. We will link you up to the relevant plan that you advise us of when sending us your completed enrolment form. You will receive emails regarding your direct debit plan.
3. If you are apply for finance via Ideal4Finance once you have received your loan you can follow steps 1. and 4. to complete your enrolment.
4. Once you have completed the payment option of your choice you will need to download and complete the enrolment form. Once completed (check all information is correct), please send this to email@example.com or send in the post to the address given at the back of the document. Please note that an official signature is required, printed or typed names will not be accepted.
5. Once payment has been processed and your enrolment form has been recieved we will get you started with your course and contact you via emial. It is important that you check any junk/spam folders within your email should any of our emails not appear in your inbox.
1-2-1 Practical Training Option
We offer 1-2-1 practical training in Huddersfield for those who dont wish to be part of group training and would prefer some valuable 1-2-1 training with a tutor of their own or who cannot make any of our course dates.
Advantages of 1-2-1 training:
- Get a tutor all to yourself.
- No distractions from other course colleagues.
- Flexible training times around your work/lifestyle.
- Join your tutor on a client home visit, something you cant get to experience when part of a group.
Learners will have to complete a total of 20 hours of 1-2-1 practical training (minimum 3, maximum 5 hours per 1-2-1 training session).
Option 1: Pay in Full £1995!
Option 2: Apply for Finance (See ‘Finance Available’ tab for further information).
*Please contact us to enrol for this training option. 01484 500729 / firstname.lastname@example.org Also please note that no certificates are issues until full payment has been recieved.
Business Set Up Service
Ask us about our business set up service!
We offer a service to get you fully set up for a domiciliary practice and take away the stress of starting a new business as well as saving you money from mistakes in the long-term. This service is almost half the cost of purchasing a franchise and without any contracts or royalty fees to pay which can be £282 of your monthly income!
The business set up option includes:
- All marketing material produced and delivered to your potential customers, including a website listing.
- All equipment and instruments provided to get you started (excludes autoclave).
- Business mentoring and treatment advice for your first 12 months.
This is open to anyone who enrol’s on our course or anyone who has undertaken a course elsewhere.
SAVE £295 when taking our course and the business set up service.
Contact us via email for further information: email@example.com