Chinese Fire Cupping
Chinese Fire Cupping
Fire Cupping is growing in popularity thanks to celebrities and sports men having such treatments for soft tissue dysfunctions or simply for the detoxification and health benefits.
If you are already a L3 qualified massage therapist then why not add extra talents to your skill set? This one day CPD certificated course allows you to add an extra treatment to your pricelist.
About Cupping Therapy
Cupping therapy is an alternative medicine practice undertaken by a trained therapist placing special cups on the skin to create a suction effect. The therapy can be considered one form of deep-tissue massage and is an ancient form of medical treatment that originated in China. Its use can also be linked to Middle Eastern and Ancient Egyptian cultures, but the version most commonly used worldwide is that of Traditional Chinese Medicine, otherwise known as TCM. Cupping has been around for thousands of years, developing over time from the use of hollowed out animal horns used to treat boils and suck out toxins from bites and lesions. Horns slowly evolved into bamboo cups, which were eventually replaced by glass.
Early humans developed ideas concerning their place in nature and the causes of ill health and, in their efforts to explain sickness, they held beliefs about evil spirits and the ability these spirits to enter the body and cause illness. Healers believed that applying suction to the surface of the body could ‘suck out’ the effects of these malevolent influences. Cupping is based on the Chinese belief that ‘chi’ energy is sent throughout the body in response to sickness or injury. Cupping is said to aid in increased blood flow and cell repair. There are several types of ailments cupping therapy is capable of curing.
This qualification is accredited as a CPD course with the Sports Therapy Organisation (S.T.O) and Bright Accreditation.
Upon completion of the one day (5 hour) course you will recieve a certificate in Fire Cupping Therapy.
- Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Philosophy and Theory
- The history of cupping
- Modern day cupping and its uses
- What cupping can treat
- Cupping for trigger points and how trigger points can form
- Common trigger point sites to treat with cupping
- The five elements
- What is chi
- Effects and Benefits of fire cupping
- Who would benefit from treatment
- Contra-indications and Contra-actions
- Health, Safety and Hygiene procedures
- Practical Application and procedure (flash cupping, massage cupping, various suction strengths)
- How to promote a cupping business
- How to conduct a consultation
One days practical training will take place in Huddersfield at our Media Centre training facility.
You will learn practical skills in Fire Cupping Therapy:
- Equipment required and its uses in fire cupping therapy
- Heath and safety of using fire in cupping therapy
- How to create various suction strengths
- Flash cupping and its uses
- How to place the cups on various muscle groups
- Gliding massage
- Education on giving aftercare advice.
After qualification you can:
- Be qualified to practice and charge for fire cupping
- Gain insurance via our partner BGI.uk
- Offer your clients’ a unique treatment
- Have a fantastic skill to use alone or incorporate with existing treatments
- Be more employable, freelance at salons, spas etc- Rare treatment
- Increase revenue, very specialised
- Have a tool that has zero impact on the therapist to perform
- Have fun, not many treatments involve fire!
*If you wish to gain insurance for this course with your own insurance company, we recommend you ask them if they will insure you to practice with our qualification.
It is a requirement that you hold a L3 massage qualification.
Option 1: £165 Full Payment
Option 2: 2 Monthly Direct Debit Payments of £85
Please note payment must be completed before attending the course.
HOW TO ENROL!
Please complete your payment at the bottom of this page by clicking the payment button and contacting us at email@example.com with
- Your full name
- Preferred course date
- Copy of your L3 massage certificate.