L3 Sports Massage Therapy Diploma Course
L3 Sports Massage Therapy Diploma Course
Train to become a Sports Massage Therapist with Next Generation Training. Never has a Sports Massage course been as good as this. Our past learner reviews don’t lie!
This course comes with 3 certificated courses in:
- Soft Tissue Release Therapy (STR)
- Fire Cupping Therapy
- KT Sports Taping
In a continually advancing industry it’s important that anyone wishing to become a Sports Massage Therapist qualifies with skills to be able to treat a variety of soft tissue dysfunctions and achieve the highest of results for clients. These up-to-date and advanced techniques certainly will have you achieving great success with clients as well as making you stand out from other L3 practitioners.
What is Sports Massage
Sports Massage is the scientific manipulation and assessment of the soft tissues for the prevention of injuries, whilst maintaining good physical condition and health. These benefits are achieved by improving muscle tone, promoting relaxation, stimulating circulation and producing therapeutic effects on all systems of the body.
Sports massage is now deemed an integral part of the sports persons training and fitness regime and not just a “luxury” item. Many top athletes feel that by regular maintenance sessions they are able to sustain optimum performance and pick up on any potential problem areas before they become too severe and thus hamper their training / competition.
Also, the good thing about Sports Massage is that it’s not just for people who play sports; anyone can have a Sports Massage which increases your target market for potential clients.
This qualification is a L3 Diploma course and is accredited by the Sports Therapy Organisation (S.T.O) and meets the nationally recognised standards.
Upon completion you will be qualified in:
- L3 Sports Massage Therapy
- Fire Cupping
- Soft Tissue Release
- KT Sports Taping
The course units you will achieve as part of your coursework are:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
- Principles of Health and Fitness
- The Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
- Professional Practise in Sports Massage
- Sports Massage Treatments
All these units come in 3 course workbooks which you are assessed on. You will also be practically assessed, where you will will have to give a massage treatment to a course colleague/friend.
Our course contains:
- How to conduct a client consultation
- Postural assessments
- Muscle length assessments
- Pre/Post Sports Massage
- Maintenance Massage Treatments
- Various stretching techniques
- How to treat certain dysfunctions of the body
- Advanced deep tissue massage techniques.
- Cupping Therapy
- Soft Tissue Release (STR)
- Deep Tissue Massage techniques
- KT Sports Taping applications
It is these practical skills that sets this course above all other L3 Sports Massage courses!
You will be taught by an experienced Sports Massage Therapist and tutor over 7 practical training days in a relaxed and enjoyable environment.
Fire Cupping Therapy
Cupping Therapy is an alternative medicine practice undertaken by a trained therapist placing special cups on the skin to create a suction effect. The therapy can be considered one form of deep-tissue massage and is an ancient form of medical treatment that originated in China. Its use can also be linked to Middle Eastern and Ancient Egyptian cultures, but the version most commonly used worldwide is that of Traditional Chinese Medicine, otherwise known as TCM. Cupping has been around for thousands of years, developing over time from the use of hollowed out animal horns used to treat boils and suck out toxins from bites and lesions. Horns slowly evolved into bamboo cups, which were eventually replaced by glass.
Early humans developed ideas concerning their place in nature and the causes of ill health and, in their efforts to explain sickness, they held beliefs about evil spirits and the ability these spirits to enter the body and cause illness. Healers believed that applying suction to the surface of the body could ‘suck out’ the effects of these malevolent influences. Cupping is based on the Chinese belief that ‘chi’ energy is sent throughout the body in response to sickness or injury. Cupping is said to aid in increased blood flow and cell repair. There are several types of ailments cupping therapy is capable of curing.
Soft Tissue Release Therapy
Soft Tissue Release is a hands-on, manual therapy technique used to stretch soft tissues, especially muscles, fascia, and tendons. The goal of soft tissue release is to permanently treat the source of pain by addressing common elements of soft tissue dysfunction.
1. Trigger Points: Trigger points are palpable knots in muscle tissue. The presence of trigger points in a muscle can cause pain and shortening of the muscle (called hypertonicity). Hypertonicity is excessive muscle tone (firmness) compared to how a normal, resting muscle feels to the touch.
2. Scar Tissue (fibrosis): Scar tissue forms throughout the body in response to tissue damage in order to temporarily repair an injury site until stronger, more permanent tissue is made. During the normal healing process, most temporary scar tissue is reabsorbed into the body after the permanent tissue has been made. Occasionally, the healing process is disrupted and too much scar tissue is formed, placing excessive pressure on surrounding muscles, blood vessels, nerves, bones, and organs. This can cause pain and/or limit a joint’s range of motion.
3. Myofascial Restriction: Similar to the way Spiderman’s suit hugs his body, fascia is strong, connective tissue that wraps our bodies from head to toe. Normally, fascia is elastic and able to stretch and shorten in response to the body’s movements. Accidents, traumas, surgeries, scar tissue, stress, poor posture, and poor body mechanics can decrease the fascia’s elasticity resulting in pain and a limited range of motion.
KT Sports Taping
KT Tape is an elastic sports tape designed to relieve pain while supporting muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
When an area of the body is injured through impact or over-use, the lymphatic fluid builds up causing inflammation and swelling. This accumulation of lymphatic fluids may cause increased pressure on muscles and tissue which can cause significant discomfort or pain*.
It is believed that when applied correctly, KT Tape lifts the skin, decompressing the layers of fascia, allowing for greater movement of lymphatic fluid which transports white blood cells throughout the body and removes waste products, cellular debris, and bacteria.
It is believed that KT Tape helps in reducing pressure to the tissue, which may reduce discomfort or pain. In addition, it is also believed that correct taping can help provide support to muscles by helping the muscle to not over-extend or over-contract.
What You Will Receive
As part of the course you will recieve:
- Course workbooks
- Constant tutor support
- Cupping manual
- 15% off all products at Physique
- 10% off a first order for cupping supplies at Scarborough’s
- 7 Days of practical training
- After completion you can become a member of the Sports Therapy Organisation (S.T.O.) and be part of a large community with endless progression routes to develop your skills further.
Upon completion you will recieve the following certificates:
- L3 Sports Massage Diploma
- Fire Cupping Certificate
- Soft Tissue Release Certificate
- KT Sports Taping Certificate
Course Price and Payment Options
Pay in Full £1,095
6 Monthly Installments of £183.33 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £195
10 Monthly Installments of £120 Via Direct Debit + Initial Payment of £195
SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY!
HOW TO ENROL!
1. Decide how you wish to pay. If you are paying in full, then click the relevant button at the bottom of this page to process the full payment.
2. If you wish to pay in monthly installments you will need to click and process an initial payment of £195 and then click and process your bank details to authorise us to take direct debit payments from you. We will link you up to the relevant plan that you advise us of when sending us your completed enrolment form. You will receive emails regarding your direct debit plan.
3. Once you have completed the payment option of your choice you will need to download and complete the enrolment form. Once completed (check all information is correct), pelase send this to email@example.com or send in the post to the address given at the back of the document. Please note that an official signature is required, printed or typed names will not be accepted.
4. Once payment has been processed and your enrolment form has been recieved we will get you started with your course and contact you via emial. It is important that you check any junk/spam folders within your email should any of our emails not appear in your inbox.